These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to you from the time that BB provides you with access to the Service.
These Terms are not intended to answer every question or address every issue raised by the use of the BB Service. BB reserves the right to change these terms at any time, effective upon the posting of modified terms and BB will make every effort to communicate these changes to you via email or notification via the Website.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
SERVICE- means the online booking management system made available via the website; www.beautybook.co.nz.
MAKEUP SERVICE - means the makeup service provided to the customer by the Freelancer.
BB - means Beauty Book referring to both the company Beauty Book Limited and the website www.beautybook.co.nz.
FREELANCER - means makeup artist who is a registered user of BB service.
CUSTOMER - means registered customer who books makeup service on the BB website.
YOU - means the Customer. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
- You warrant that you are 16 years of age or older.
- You warrant that you are a human, and not a computer service or automated “bot”.
- You warrant that you have provided accurate and valid information requested during the registration process.
- You warrant that you will use BB only for lawful purposes. You must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to any copyright laws.
- You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by BB.
TERMS OF SALE
- BB’s Customer Terms apply to all Makeup Service bookings made via the BB website.
- BB will sell you the services offered.
- The Freelancer is solely responsible for providing any Services you purchase.
- You acknowledge that BB receives a commission from the Freelancer for facilitating the Makeup Service Booking.
CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may cancel your account at anytime with BB.
BB may cancel your account at any time if we find any of our Terms of Service have been breached.
In the event that BB learns of, or has reasonable grounds to suspect, that your registration information is fraudulent, inaccurate, or that activity in violation of these Customer Terms has occurred within your account, BB can suspend or terminate access to the Website without notice and refuse to authorise its future use. Repeated violations of these Customer Terms will result in immediate and permanent termination of your use of the Website.
We will delete all of your content upon cancellation and we will not be able to recover this information once deleted. We are not liable for any loss resulting from cancellation.
IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS CANCELLED:
- Your account will be deactivated and can no longer be accessed
- all of your rights granted under these Terms will immediately come to an end; and
- all of your data and content will be deleted from our systems.
We provide no guarantee that your content can be recovered once your account is cancelled. We are not liable for any loss or damage following, or as a result of, cancellation of your account, and it is your responsibility to ensure that any content or data which you require is backed-up or replicated before cancellation.
MAKEUP SERVICE PRICING
BB does not set Makeup service prices. Freelancers registered with BB set their own prices for the services they offer.
- All bookings must be paid in full to BB upon making a booking with a registered Freelancer.
- A valid credit card or debit card is required for paying for your booking.
- Once the Makeup Service has been completed with your chosen registered Freelancer BB will then pay that Freelancer for the booking. No funds will be transferred to any Freelancer before a booking has been completed.
- You authorise us to charge your nominated credit/debit card in exchange for payment of a service that you have asked to purchase.
- All transactions are billed in New Zealand dollars.
- The name that will appear on your statement will be Beauty Book.
BOOKING CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOWS
If you wish to cancel your booking you can do so within the following terms;
- All cancellations made more than 14 business days prior to an appointment will incur a 15% cancellation fee. This fee will be calculated and deducted from the total booking value you have paid when making the booking excluding any travel costs that may have been paid.
- Cancellations made less than 14 business days prior to an appointment will be charged a 25% cancellation fee. This fee will be calculated and deducted from the total booking value the customer has paid when making the booking excluding any travel costs that may have been paid.
- Cancellations made less than 7 business days prior to an appointment will be charged a 60% cancellation fee. This fee will be calculated and deducted from the total booking value the customer has paid when making the booking excluding any travel costs that may have been paid.
- Cancellations made 24 hours prior to an appointment will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. This fee will be calculated and deducted from the total booking value the customer has paid when making the booking excluding any travel costs that may have been paid.
- Any no show appointments will be charged a 100% no show fee. This fee will be calculated and deducted from the total booking value the customer has paid when making the booking excluding any travel costs that may have been paid.
- All refunds will be made within 3 business days.
- Any further queries regarding refunds and cancellations can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cancellations of bookings are done so through the Customer's BB profile. Any email or text to notify of a cancellation will not be accepted unless exceptional circumstances apply, to be judged at BB’s sole discretion.
- Both parties will receive reminders of upcoming appointments booked via email 7 days prior and via email and SMS 2 days prior.
All Freelancers input their availability into their own personal dashboard. Once a customer has booked in an appointment a Freelancer will not be able to cancel or change any appointments booked unless exceptional circumstances apply, to be judged at BB’s sole discretion.
- You can only change the date or time of your booking up to 3 business days prior to a booking.
- If you wish to change your appointment within 3 business days of the booking you will be charged a fee to make this change of 30% of the total booking price excluding the travel costs.
- Changing the date or time of appointment can only be made with the original Freelancer the booking was made with. In order to select a new Freelancer you must cancel your original booking, incurring a cancellation fee and then you can make a new booking with a Freelancer of your choice.
- Any changes made will be through your Customer BB profile.
- BB cannot guarantee the changes you wish to make will be available.
No full refunds are given for any completed service.
All Freelancers are to provide a consultation at the start of any appointment to ensure that all parties have the same understanding of the service to be provided. Freelancers will regularly check throughout the appointment with the aid of a mirror that the customer is happy with how the service is progressing and to ensure any changes needed are done so before the service is complete.
SERVICE AND PRICING MODIFICATION
BB reserves the right to modify or remove parts of the Website at any time. BB will introduce improvements and new features from time to time into the Website, some of which will be made immediately available at no cost to you.
- When making a booking you may choose that a Freelance travels to you to complete the Makeup Service if they have specified they do so.
- Travel will be included in the set price for the booking up to a 10km radius from the Freelancer's registered address.
- Travel to an address outside this 10km radius will be charged at $1 per km using Google maps.
- When making a booking and choosing the Freelancer to travel to you, you agree to pay the quoted price subject to these terms.
- You agree that the address you provide BB is the correct address. All travel fees will be calculated through Google maps to this address.
- You acknowledge that the Service is licensed to you and that BB retains ownership of all rights, title and interest to the Service, the Service design and documentation, and the intellectual property rights therein (including without limitation, all patent rights, design rights, copyrights and trade secret rights). You agree not to (i) copy, modify, or reverse engineer the Service hardware, software, or design, make derivative works based upon the Service, or use the Service to develop any Services, without BB’s prior written approval or (ii) sell, license, rent, or transfer the Service to any third party. BB (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all rights, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, for suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the Service.
- BB claims no intellectual property rights over any of the content or data you upload or add to the Service. All data added to the Service by you for your account retains its original ownership.
- BB is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Site or Service. The Site or Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. BB assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications.
- BB does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. BB cannot guarantee and does not promise specific results from use of the Service.
Beauty Book is a New Zealand owned and operated company.
These Terms shall be governed by New Zealand Law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.